Wednesday, September 5, 2007

"The Monsoon Side of Life," by Sunil John

The first drizzle in the state and standing near a roadside "chai-wala" I see everybody running for cover under the roof. Heavy breeze before the shower brings in ample quantity of wind filled with dust. Soon the wind turns heavy n some weak billboards are off their place. Children hide themselves behind their mother who had just finished with their days school.

Suddenly there is large outburst of water all over the place. It seems as if the heaven doors are
opened to bring a much needed relief from the tiring heat. Sipping thru my tea the downpour just fastens n some droplets fall in my cup but still I don't feel bad. I walk past the droplets and feel the droplets against my face. Oh the rejuvenation felt is just better than any creams available in the market.

Time is less 2 submissions to be made next day but the amazing weather change take my legs to a garden which is filled with freshly drizzled raindrops. Greenery, water n me – u never feel so loved by nature ever before. I slip off my slippers n roll up my jeans n walk thru the grass while the rain still heavies on me. I brush through the trees , care for the new flowers, plants & find a new positive energy being built in me. Feeling the nature's beauty is such an amazing experience.

Half an hour of stroll in the rain rejuvenated me completely. Mixed in so many emotions I just have to ask u, when was the last time u felt so close to nature… ??

Sunil John

No comments: